Multi-channel Assistant Merchandiser
We are looking for a Multi-channel Assistant Merchandiser to join Rich Insight's Multi-channel merchandising team. This role will support the growth of our clients' digital sales through their ecommerce or marketplace offerings by effective promotion and optimisation of product and on-site promotional mechanisms.
- Be a part of a Multi-channel Trading team that lives and breathes the success of a market-leading online shopping experience for Rich Insight’s clients.
- Support the Multi-channel Merchandiser in collating data and analysing the trading performance at all product levels across a variety of retail clients.
- Through analysis, suggest routes to continually optimise core KPIs (UPT/ATV/ROS) for best results across revenues, margin, returns, stock holding and sell-through.
- Forecast sales across the ecommerce and marketplace channels from historical reporting and calculate stock requirements and replenishments.
- To set up, maintain and update the sales, stocks, intakes and markdowns by client and review them regularly.
- Recommend for approval and implement approved, compelling promotions to attract new customers through the most appropriate channel in a cost-effective, brand sensitive manner.
- Product management and communication
- Work with your client(s) to launch new product onto their digital platforms, organising product information (copy, photography etc), stock and pricing, to agreed timescales.
- Identify the key USPs of each product, being selected for channel, and translate this into easily customer identifiable features and benefits to improve ROS, sell-through and minimise markdown.
- Work with the Multi-channel Merchandiser and wider Rich Insight consultants to provide insight on potential changes to navigation and on-site functionality that will improve product visibility and engagement.
- Work with all relevant 3rd parties to ensure quality, budget and timescales are met for each client’s project, delivering efficient ways of working across the team and those 3rd parties.
- Manage the process, where required, of compiling all product information and imagery, in conjunction with a client’s own buying and merchandising teams or external suppliers, for loading into the relevant digital platforms or marketplace engines.
- Where a client project requires integration with the Rich Insight Multi-channel Planning team(s), support in identifying and recommending relevant products for regular client communications and media to drive incremental sales and core merchandising KPI’s.
- If required by the client, manage the day-to-day relationships with key publishers, marketplaces and suppliers; negotiating exclusive promotions and product availability, whilst also working with a clients marketing team, or our Multi-channel planning teams, to execute those campaigns.
Key Skills and Experience
- Previous demonstrable experience of online merchandising for a recognised brand
- Demonstrable experience of working with stock and sales reporting
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Accurate and excellent standards of written and verbal communication
- Strong numerical skills
- Influencing, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Data analysis – keen interest in analytical skills within Excel or other similar solutions
- Understand, show passion for and represent the Rich Insight brand through own self-presentation and professional approach
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Energetic, self - motived and inspirational
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges, demonstrating innovation and initiative to suggest new ideas or ways of working
- Proactive, confident with drive and determination, striving for continuous improvement